Today’s kinesiologist is keenly aware of the role that stress plays in client wellbeing and the challenges that come with assessing, identifying and managing stress.
The hypothalamic, pituitary, adrenal (HPA) axis is our central stress response system.
The hormones of the HPA axis exert their effect on the autonomic nervous system, which controls vital functions such as mood, digestion, immune system, libido, metabolism and energy levels.
The adrenal hormone cortisol impacts nearly all body systems. Cortisol levels fluctuate throughout the day, normally peaking in the morning hours and bottoming out at night.
Understanding the factors that affect cortisol secretion can inform appropriate treatment interventions.
This functional approach to hormonal imbalance provides tools for assessing the upstream factors that can impact hormone function and strategies for balancing these issues.
What you will learn:
- The key differences between ‘adrenal fatigue’ and HPA axis dysregulation and why restoring HPA axis function can lead to life-changing improvements for clients.
- Latest research and findings on the metabolic and clinical consequences of chronic stress, which in turn affects nearly every organ and system of the body, including the gut, brain, thyroid, immune and reproductive system.
- How to identify and balance the key glands, hormones and neurotransmitters driving HPA axis dysregulation.
- Why the physiochemical responses of the HPA axis are easily triggered by non-physical events. Emotions such as grief, excitement, fear, anxiety, guilt, embarrassment can all trigger a robust HPA axis response.
- How to engage your clients on a deeper level to clear blocks in the body’s energy flow, amplify vitality, and enhance inner harmony and organisation.
Kinesiology Techniques & Protocols
- Acupressure Formatting for key gland, hormone, neurotransmitter, micronutrient and brain areas involved in HPA axis imbalance.
- BioEnergetics (Protocol) provides practical acupoint solutions that have effects on specific structures and functions of the HPA Axis.
- Reactive Feedback Loops (Protocol) to balance the secretion of hormones and neurotransmitters of the HPA axis. This system is carefully modulated through feedback loops designed to maintain predetermined hormone levels (i.e., set points) and homeostasis.
- Five Element Energy Flow (Protocol) and the key energy medicine relationships of the HPA axis to
optimise our potential for physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
Take your Clinical Practice to the Next Level
This essential MasterClass combines theoretical exploration, practical hands-on skill development, relevant background readings and clinical case studies, along with being supported by an ongoing vibrant online group learning community.
Date: Saturday 2nd May 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue Address: Cnr Marcus Avenue & Lawrence Road , Mount Waverley VIC 3149
Course Instructor: Damian Brown
Accreditation: TBA with the Australian Kinesiology Association (AKA)
After enrolment you will be given access to the online pre-course modules.
This allows you to prepare for the course in an online setting, independently and at your own pace. The pre-coursework is designed to allow for more practical time and focus on kinesiology techniques, along with supporting what is taught over the 1 day MasterClass.