Today’s kinesiologist is keenly aware of the role that stress plays in client wellbeing and the challenges that come with assessing, identifying and managing stress.
The hypothalamic, pituitary, adrenal (HPA) axis is our central stress response system.
The hormones of the HPA axis exert their effect on the autonomic nervous system, which controls vital functions such as mood, digestion, immune system, libido, metabolism and energy levels.
The adrenal hormone cortisol impacts nearly all body systems. Cortisol levels fluctuate throughout the day, normally peaking in the morning hours and bottoming out at night.
Understanding the factors that affect cortisol secretion can inform appropriate treatment interventions.
This functional approach to hormonal imbalance provides tools for assessing the upstream factors that can impact hormone function and strategies for balancing these issues.
What you will learn:
- The key differences between ‘adrenal fatigue’ and HPA axis dysregulation and why restoring HPA axis function can lead to life-changing improvements for clients.
- Latest research and findings on the metabolic and clinical consequences of chronic stress, which in turn affects nearly every organ and system of the body, including the gut, brain, thyroid, immune and reproductive system.
- How to identify and balance the key glands, hormones and neurotransmitters driving HPA axis dysregulation.
- Why the physiochemical responses of the HPA axis are easily triggered by non-physical events. Emotions such as grief, excitement, fear, anxiety, guilt, embarrassment can all trigger a robust HPA axis response.
- A systems-based approach that guides you to uncover the root causes of your clients’ symptoms (even the super complex cases).
- You will also receive real world examples of ‘treatment organisation’ for your setup and corrections to ensure you have a new level of confidence with every client who comes through your door.
Kinesiology Techniques & Protocols
- Acupressure Formatting for key gland, hormone, neurotransmitter, micronutrient and brain areas involved in HPA axis imbalance.
- BioEnergetics (Finger Mode & Protocols) provides information and access to acupoints that have effects on specific structures and functions of the HPA Axis.
- Reactive Feedback Loops (Finger Mode & Protocols) to balance the secretion of hormones and neurotransmitters of the HPA axis. This system is carefully modulated through feedback loops designed to maintain predetermined hormone levels (i.e., set points) and homeostasis.
- Law of Five Elements (Finger Mode & Protocols) and the key energy medicine relationships to the HPA axis to enhance ‘flow state’ across the Ke and Sheng cycles.
Take your Clinical Practice to the Next Level
This essential MasterClass combines theoretical exploration, practical hands-on skill development, relevant background readings and clinical case studies, along with being supported by an ongoing vibrant online group learning community.
Damian Brown ND, B.Ed is a leading Naturopath and Kinesiologist with a focus on evidence-based practice and the art of healing.
Damian has been practicing, and teaching natural medicine for nearly twenty years with a true gift for pulling clinically relevant information from research. He did his undergraduate work at RMIT University, and has trained with world-renowned healers and educators in a variety disciplines.
In his clinical practice, Damian helps individuals shift from illness and trauma to health and happiness.
Damian’s work is also informed by his own experience with a complex autoimmune condition known as Ankylosing Spondylitis. After seeing many doctors in an effort to diagnose and treat his condition from a young age without success, he decided to take his health into his own hands.
This journey lead to an unexpected kundalini awakening that now influences his perspective on facilitating the innate healing of the body and mind, the heart and mind, and integrating the spirit to help individuals reset, repair and thrive.
This unique blend of kinesiology and natural medicine offers a personalised approach to healthcare that recognises the biological and energetic uniqueness of each individual. This system of healing is drawn from many perspectives, including functional medicine, five element acupuncture, daoist philosophy, and modern depth psychology.
By understanding the core systems of the body, how they are related, and how their function can be restored, many chronic illnesses can be prevented and even reversed.
Through extensive study, research, and formal training in natural medicine, he now shares this knowledge with others through his teaching, mentoring, workshops and clinic consultations.
What makes this MasterClass different?
This 1-day MasterClass is the first to offer a complete framework for working directly with the HPA axis. It is a culmination of well over a decade of clinical practice and research to create something from the ground up that will teach kinesiologists how to work with key elements of abnormal cortisol patterns, stress and numerous hormonal disruptions.
Can the MasterClass be taken online?
At present the MasterClass requires you attend the scheduled 1-day program.
Does the MasterClass have pre-requsities?
The MasterClass is best suited to qualified practitioners looking to expand their clinical knowledge. An understanding of finger modes, formatting, pause lock, muscle-meridian relationships and basic Five Element theory is highly recommended.
Does the MasterClass use specific test kits?
Yes. We highly recommend purchasing our custom NeuroEndocrine and Micronutrients & Metabolism test kits both available to purchase during the class.
What method of payment do you accept?
The preferred method of enrolment and payment is via the secure online registration process. Accepted payment methods include Visa, MasterCard and bank deposit. When paying via bank deposit you will be emailed an invoice for which full payment is required to secure your place in the selected course.